This morning there was a Puja ceremony in Base Camp for the 16 Sherpas that died in the Icefall last Friday. Following on from that, spokesmen on behalf of the climbing Sherpas revealed their demands to the Ministry and essentially stated that the Sherpas did not want to continue climbing this season. A number of teams have indicated that they will be leaving the mountain, but we are waiting until tomorrow to make a final decision about we are going to do. This is a difficult and complicated situation, which is difficult to write about in a single post, so please bear with us as this situation unfolds.

Read more on Alan Arnette’s blog here.